Monday, January 17, 2011

Chocolate Pretzels


Say "Hello" to one of the easiest treats ever.  And delicious to boot!

I was introduced to these by my neighbor Jenny, who invited us over for our kids to make these together a few days before Christmas.  The kids LOVED making them and eating them....so when my sister was visiting, she asked if we could make a batch ourselves.  So we did.  The hardest part about it is unwrapping all those hugs and kisses.  I take that back....the hardest part is keeping the kids from eating all of the hugs and kisses before they even make it onto the pretzels.  

Definitely fun and festive and a wonderful way to put those little hands in your house to work in the kitchen.  

Recipe:

Bag of small pretzels - I like Snyder's Snaps (Note:  not all will be used)
Bag of Hershey's Hugs or Kisses, unwrapped
Bag of M&Ms (not all will be used)

Preheat oven to 275°.
On an ungreased baking sheet, lay pretzels out.  They can be very close together.
Top each pretzel with an unwrapped chocolate kiss/hug.
Put in oven for 3-4 minutes, or until chocolate is softened but not completely melted.
Place an M&M on top of each chocolate piece, pressing lightly.
Refrigerate until firm if desired, or just let them sit at room temperature (which will take longer).

They don't need to be refrigerated.

4 comments:

  1. ymmmmm! those look good!
    i saw something similar that i might try - it used rolos instead of hugs, with pecans instead of m&ms - really easy 'pretzel turtle'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the same thing and would LOVE to make those.....I just don't need the extra tempting calories right now. But someday, I'll definitely try out the Turtle version. I know I'd love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same thing as Lana- of course now Kisses has one with caramel! I use a mix of m&m'd and nuts to top.

    great treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Jenny making these last Christmas but I never got the recipe. Thanks for sharing. I may have to try this with the kids. They love to cook.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...