Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Conversation with my 6-year old

A couple of days ago, Corban was running around playing with his monster trucks and stopped in the kitchen to chat with me a moment. He was holding the Predator.

He said, "Mom, this is my favorite monster truck. Do you know why?"

"Why?" I asked, already having a pretty good idea.

"Well", he started, "It's blue".

"And....it's the one I got to see in real life". (We had happened to be driving by an arena where a monster truck rally was going to be held on Feb. 16, 2008 and saw this one out in the parking lot for some maintenance....we had to stop and let Corban get an up-close look at it!)

Yeah, I saw that answer coming.

"And...." he continued, "It's the one that was on my birthday cake." (For his 5th birthday, I made this cake and put the Predator on top.)


Yep, I saw that one coming too.

But then he gave the real kicker.

"But you know why I like it the most, Mom? Because I got it from YOU, my wonderful mommy."

Almost brought tears to my eyes. I was not expecting that one.

Have I mentioned how much I love this kid? Just look at him adoring his baby sister. Makes a mother's heart nearly burst.

2 comments:

  1. AW! Look at those adorable grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of Corban and Ellia. She sure looks like her daddy - she has his smiling eyes.
    You should become a fan of Boden on facebook. Then you could post the great picture of Corban wearing his Boden shirt. I'm sure they would love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...