Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Shed

At the request of several family members, here is the picture story of the shed. It's not quite finished; we're waiting on the siding to come in, hopefully in the next week or so. I know Grant plans to wire it for electricity at some point, but probably not right now.


This is how it began.....a very solid foundation.

First wall framed in....Annika and I checking it out.

All the walls framed in now....looking good. The shed is 10' x 14'.

Grant's 71-year old dad, Hank, proved to be a monkey, climbing up to work on the rafters without a ladder. Amazing!

Grant enjoyed having his dad around to help for the initial building phase.

Part of the shingles are on now....the rest of the roof covered with a tarp for rain protection. Many thanks to our friend Nathan, who spent one Sunday afternoon helping Grant with the roof and shingles! Grant framed in a double door initially, but due to cost, that didn't work out. We now have a single door.

<
The kids wanted to climb up on the roof for a look around. Annika stayed with me.

Grant working on the rest of the shingles. Corban ended up with him, actually helping out with the shingling of the ridge. That was AFTER I went inside with the camera. He loved being up there and working with his dad.

Single door now, window opening cut.


This is it, all finished up except for the siding. This picture was taken today,
6-16-09.
Didn't Grant do a fabulous job???? I'm so proud of him!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebekah:

    Your shed looks good!

    I wish you the best as you homeschool your kids. I am also a stay-at-home mother who writes and I love both! I have a lot of help from family too.

    I wish you the best as you continue to homeschool your children. My son is not school age yet, so I haven't made a decision on homeschooling as of yet. If I decide, maybe I'll talk with you about it in the future.

    When you get a chance, check out my blog for new writers.

    Thanks,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That building looks great! I am impressed. When does Grant want to come build us a fence? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...