Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random things about me

I did this on Facebook and thought I would just put my list on here for those people who don't use Facebook and would possibly like to know some more about me.

1. I'm the middle child of 5 kids - I have an older and a younger brother and an older and a younger sister.
2. My Grandma gave birth to my mom, her second daughter (4th child) when she was 30. My mom gave birth to me, her second daughter (3rd child), 2 weeks before turning 30. I gave birth to Annika, my second daughter (3rd child) when I was 29.5.
3. My last grandparent died in 2001. I miss having grandparents. A lot.
4. Don't ever ask me to sell anything. I am a TERRIBLE salesperson. And I'm okay with that.
5. The only country other than the US I've been in is Canada. For 2 days on our honeymoon.
6. I've never gotten my hair cut more than three times in a year.
7. I consider myself pretty low maintenance.
8. I worked for two years at an alternative school in Nashville after college. Boy, the stories (and bruises) I got from that job.
9. My college degree has proven to be pretty useless. Other than giving me the ability to say I have a college degree. I'm not sorry I went to college, mind you, I just wish I had studied something else.
10. I want to learn to sew.
11. I also want to plant a container garden this year. Wish me luck on that one. I have no idea how to do it.
12. I still have an African violet plant that a student from above mentioned alternative school gave me 9 years ago. And it's blooming right now, actually.
13. I always wanted to be a wife and mom. It's more wonderful and much harder than I ever imagined. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.
14. I get horrible pregnancy sickness for the first 3-4 months.....with non-stop nausea, frequent vomiting, excessive fatigue, hypersensitive sense of smell, and excess salivation (which contributes to the nausea). It's wretched.
15. I donated bone marrow for my younger brother who had leukemia in 2002. (it was a success...he's been cancer free for over 6 years! )
16. I played volleyball and basketball in high school. I was never the best but I loved them both.
17. I've never been snow-skiing. Would love to try it someday.
18. My husband is half Costa-Rican. He has distant relatives living there that he's never met. We would love to go there, and hopefully will get to someday.
19. One of my least favorite household tasks is cleaning out the refrigerator.
20. I love to bake.....desserts and breads are my favorites.
21. I hate cucumbers. And melons. So if you ever find yourself with the irresistible urge to buy me lotion, body wash, or any other such thing, cucumber melon should NOT be even a consideration.
22. I wear two wedding bands. My original one that matches Grant's got moved to my right hand on our 5th anniversary when he surprised me with a dressier, diamond-lined band to wear with my engagement ring.
23. I have terrible handwriting, unless I write REALLY slow, and who has the time to do that?
24. I love birth stories....watching them, reading them, hearing them.....babies are such miracles.
25. Chocolate is my drug of choice. Period. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...