Monday, December 15, 2008

Fudge Puddles





If you haven't had enough sweets yet, here's another one! I made these little goodies for a cookie exchange a couple of weeks ago and they were a big hit. Personally, I decided I prefer the Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, but these are still worth the effort and are delicious. You just can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter!

Note: The original recipe can be found here, but this is how I made them, based on other reviews. This should have produced 96 cookies....I ended up with 77. I guess some of them were too big??? Well, I thought the bigger ones came out of the pan easier, so it worked out for me just fine. If I HAD ended up with 96 cookies, I wouldn't have had nearly enough filling, because I had about 4 cookies without some as it was. SO, if you make small cookies and have more than 70, I would say increase the filling amount or just be happy with some plain peanut butter cookies!
Recipe:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (some whole wheat substituted is fine)
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Filling:2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk-chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups pecan halves (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
Cream butter, peanut butter and white and brown sugars. Mix in eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir the flour mixture into creamed mixture. Shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Place each ball in one compartment of a mini muffin tin.
Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately make wells in the center of each using a melon baller or a tablespoon. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Then carefully remove to wire racks.

For filling, melt the chocolate chips with the condensed milk in the microwave and stir until smooth. Add vanilla. Take a ziplock bag and spoon in some filling. Snip off one corner (not tiny like drizzling, but fairly large) and squeeze chocolate into the cookies. Top with a pecan half if desired.


Rare proof of me in the kitchen. Rare because I'm the main photographer around here.

2 comments:

  1. I've made these a few times....OMG they are delicious!!! Very addicting and very rich. I actually prefer making a chocolate ganache for the filling and adding a little peanut butter (homemade) as well. Truly a delicious cookie for those who love chocolate and peanut butter! A must try recipe!!!!

    P.S.: My brother and sister-inlaw love this recipe as well. My vet's office also requested the recipe after I brought some there. You must try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, Diana! I love your idea of adding some peanut butter to the ganache - I'm sure it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...