Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cranberry Coconut Bars

I have been drooling over this recipe from my Taste of Home Cookies cookbook for over a year now and finally made it for my MOPS group. It was the perfect occasion to try it, since it contains several ingredients that Grant doesn't care for much. Plus, it's festive looking for Christmas-time. I think it's a real winner.....and apparently others agreed, as I received numerous recipe requests.



Recipe:

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (14 0z) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups dried sweetened cranberries
1 cup flaked (sweetened) coconut
1 cup pecans (original recipe said to use halves.....I prefer chopped for more even distribution)

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter well; press into a greased 13 x 9" pan.
Gently stir other ingredients together and carefully spread over crust.
Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
Cool on a wire rack before cutting and eating.

That's it! Could it be any easier? Now if only it was low-fat..........


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...