Wednesday, December 3, 2008

All I want for Christmas is a Wusthof knife.....

Wanna see my early Christmas gift from Grant's parents?

What you are looking at are the 7" and 5" Wusthof Santoku (Asian-style) knives.

Okay, so that's just a stock photo....but you get the idea. I had been seeing knives like this on the Food Network for awhile and thought they would be the perfect addition to my kitchen....but I hadn't mentioned them in quite some time. My father-in-law, however, came with a mission and launched right into his search for the best deal on these knives soon after arriving here.

Before I knew it, I had both these beauties in my possession, along with a J. A. Henckels 6-inch chef's knive and a carving knife with fork to complete our collection. Oh, and a new knife block to hold the larger family. WOW!

It was a fabulous gift and will last for many years......and can I just say, I love those knives?

As soon as I started chopping with one, I knew I had fallen in love. They're magnificent. I never knew I would like chopping so much! Now I'm just looking for an excuse to slice up an onion or mince pecans or whatever.....it's so easy and FUN!!!

And it's not just me......mom-in-law was so thrilled with her experience with the 5" Santoku that they ended up buying the last one from Bed Bath and Beyond for themselves!

If you ever get the chance to try one out, do it. Only your wallet will regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...