Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is the 60th birthday of my Dad, officially known around here as Grandaddy. (He caught up with ya again, Mom!) The kids have been very excited that today is Grandaddy's birthday and even told strangers about it at Wal-Mart this morning.

Marissa is especially fond of my dad, which is touching for me to watch because I was very attached to my Grandad (mom's dad) as a child. In fact, I remember as a 3 or 4 year old very proudly declaring, "Grandad is my BEST FRIEND". And I really meant it. But I digress.

Marissa will say things like "Grandaddy's CUTE!" and "I love Grandaddy so much" whenever we talk about him and Nonny (my mom).

This picture was taken of the two of them last Thanksgiving, at my sister's house in Tennessee. That's the last time we saw my family. We just can't wait for their visit in just a month!

So back to my dad. He's an amazing father and grandfather (even with his almost disturbing attachment to Buicks - Ha!) and has such a gentle and kind spirit. I can't imagine anyone not liking him, and truthfully, he likes just about everybody too. He's always looking for the good in people and focusing on that. He's a peacemaker, a prayer warrior, an excellent preacher (when he gets the chance), and an enthusiastic player of games with the family.

Oh, and I have to mention that he adores holding his grandbabies.
This is him with Annika (and the glasses he's owned for the last 30 years) when she was just a couple of days old. And believe me, he wanted to cuddle her every single chance he could.
She looks so tiny on him....probably because he's about 6'4". Yeah, I get my height from him....unfortunately I didn't inherit the perpetual thinness also. Ya can't have everything, I suppose.

I hate to cut it short, but the kids are up from naps now and it's impossible to get much typing done when they're awake....so I'll just end with saying, "I LOVE YOU, DAD!"

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...